Wednesday, April 06, 2005

cooking up a non-controversy

I've got apple sauce all over my hands at the moment because I'm baking apple and cinnamon muffins, and in the process of making some gulab jamun.

Anyway, I thought I'd give you an update.

I spoke to my lecturer about the whole lush fm presentation thing because I needed to get copyright release from my uni in order to provide dear mediacorp with my material.

After speaking about the issue, he told me not to bother, because copyright release would take ages, and if mediacorp were to keep my stuff "for filing", then (in his own words) "things have a bad habit of coming back to bite you in the arse". ( I suspect he fears for my safety given my track record of markedly more Aussie behaviour than Singaporean)

I told him I'd already written in saying that I'd agreed not to use the material in a negative light (his reply: "and what exactly is a negative light?" me: "well, I said there was no right or wrong in the essay anyway" him:"yes. but they can make an issue of it years into the future. As in, literally MAKE an issue.")

and "I suggest you write into mediacorp and tell them you're not using the material because you never know. IN WRITING.".

So I agreed.

I really don't want to get bitten in the arse. I like my arse thankyouverymuch.