Friday, February 25, 2005

love, or something like it

I sometimes think I'm asexual because people rarely catch my interest. My friends are checking out all the cute boys, and by the time I go 'whowhatwhere????' they've walked past and unless I do some serious rubbernecking I can't see.

Besides, they're usually not up to my standards anyway.

That may sounds bitchy and contrite and arrogant, but I never said my standards were high. I actually like weird men. And again, I seldom find someone I think is attractive. Even if I myself am not attracted to them. Think Johnny Depp. Tim Burton. Angelina Jolie.

When I do fall however, it's usually with someone who isn't fitting in the prototype. It's someone weird, yes. Someone extremely intelligent, definitely. But everything else seems bendable.

And when I do fall, I often equate it to being drunk.

You're fine one moment, and the next you wake up and find yourself at the bottom of some hill and you have no idea how you got there.

I had this conversation with SweetiePie once, and she said she was the same- and she even thought she was lesbian because no one interested her. And when she did, it was whoooosh, allatonceandthatwasit.

It's nice to know there are people out there like me.

Especially since recently, I seem to have woken up at the bottom of the hill, in a field, surrounded by white butterflies and forget-me-nots and I can't seem to figure out how I got here in the first place.

listening to: Oui Va Voi - Landino Song