Saturday, February 12, 2005

hot chicks, miracle chicks and chicken fillets (with pictures!)

***WARNING: EXTREMELY LONG POST***


how apt considering this is the year of the rooster that I have a post about nothing but poultry.

well, and the occasional fowl. I had a severe craving for yam duck the other day when I was having the worst period I've had in months and I was basically deliriously ranting and raving non-stop for hours. I want yam duck, these cramps suck, I'm feeling frisky and sick at the same time, keep me company, I miss shark's fin soup and fungus, I want to re-read the vagina monologues....blah blah blah blah...

so I practically dragged gerri there by the hair last night, and she had a craving for crab, so as you can imagine, we had a rather expensive dinner. And as usual, people on the other tables were staring at these two pint-sized girls stuffing themselves with an entire boneless duck stuffed with yam and an entire crab on top of noodles.

Yeah. We sure can eat. Especially when one hasn't eaten in 24 hours and the other is having an Attack of the Menstruating Woman.

After that, we decided to go for coffee (gerri's shout) although we ended up with an Ice Reisling and a dessert Sauvignion Blanc instead. Don't even think about asking.

This was before Act-Cool started flooding my phone with panicked phonecalls. Apparently Act-Cool and Punkster had decided to buy SlaveBoy 3 chicks for his birthday.

Yeah. Chicks. As in baby chickens.

And Act-Cool being the consumate budding architect he was had decided to build a playpen of sorts for the chicks. However, he was working on the assumption that chicks didn't know how to fly. So when one flew out of the box, and attempted suicide by rolling off the balcony and down 6 floors onto hard, tiled concrete below he was distraught.

and of course, I had to frighten everyone by threatening to cry (I *never* cry. Even my "screams" come out as squaks)

IT WAS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looked fine. No broken leg, no wing damage, no blood nothing.

after phonecalls to seriously unhelpful helplines (chickens? take it to a vet) we called HotWaterBottle all the way down to help us out and drive us to the animal hospital.

SCENE AT THE HOSPITAL:

Reception Dude: sex of the chick?

us: female

dude circles sex unknown, STRAY

US: FEMALE!!!!!!

Dude: well leave it here, we'll take alook at it

ActCool: Aren't you going to ask us for our phone number?

Dude gives us this look, like we're asking for him to save our pet earthworm

dude: well I suppose. Although I have to tell you that chicks will not be operated on like cats and dogs, they're considered wildlife, not pets...and we can only put it overnight for observation in the cattery


In our heads: NOT PETS???? CATTERY!!!!!!




so we took the chick home again.



Called Butterball back because he'd called somewhere in the middle of the drama, and he made the appropriate sympathetic noises...how he once had chickens back home, chickens are tough, chicks are too light to be severely hurt, if it's not coughing up blood it'll be fine, if it survives the night it'll be fine....while I was squealing into the phone "BUT IT FELL SIX FRIKKING FLOORS!!!!!!!!"

The poor boy.

When SlaveBoy saw his present and heard we wanted him to name them all in Japanese he immediately pointed to the visible chicks, and said

"Mangku, Chimpu" (translation: Vagina, Penis)

We stared at him.

"I want this one to be named Lucky, in Japanese" I said, one hand still curled protectively over the very very lucky chick.

"Ok!" he said, then peered inside the box at the third chick.

"That one can be Mangku"

___________________________________________________________________


Gerri, ChinaDoll and I somehow ended up underwear shopping, and since Valentines is coming up there's a whole host of delicious undies on sale at BNT so we kinda went a little nuts in there. Except nothing's in my size. If you see the bodice on the front page of BNT, well, NOT IN MY SIZE!!!!

So everyone else went a little nuts in there.

We ended up upstairs in the Hanky Panky section, and found what Aussies refer to as chicken fillets, The Nude Bra. Don't try this at home kids, but not only does it have the same consistency, colour and feel as a chicken fillet, if you slap it on the table (sans human breasts attached) it actually sounds like a chicken fillet as well.

While the Nude Bra is meant to be just a nude bra, Bree from Big Brother has turned into a push up so it now serves dual purpose and is very very popular indeed.

__________________________________________________________________

and of course. pics of hot chicks.

It's actually just pics of Chinese New Year reunion dinner. (incomplete)

suckers.

(although these are my 1st since Nov '04)

EDIT: seems my IE keeps hanging every time I try to upload. You'll have to wait.


listening to: Smashing Pumpkins- 1979