Thursday, July 12, 2007

my remaining tattoo plans are crystalising.

When researching, I came across the real meaning of lorem ipsum:

A mangled fragment from Cicero's De Finibus Bonorum et Malorum ("On the Limits of Good and Evil", 45 BC), used as typographer's filler to show fonts (a.k.a. greeking). An approximate literal translation of lorem ipsum might be "sorrow itself", as the term is from dolorum ipsum quia, meaning "sorrow because of itself", or less literally, "pain for its own sake".


And you wonder why the hell lorem ipsums cause people in advertising so much pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lorem ipsum causes advertising people pain? I use it all the time at work as placeholder text, and the only time I can imagine it'd cause me pain is if I saw it on a proof or, the horror, a magazine page...